Sometimes- as rarely as it happens- I don’t feel like fiddling around the kitchen for too long, and I want something simple and easy for dinner.
This is a perfect dish when you feel like that, at least in my opinion. it’s a definition of ”mof mof” cooking, – ”minimum of fuss, maximum of flavour” 😉 let’s get started!
2 cod fillets, diced into a large dice (about 150-200g per person)
1 egg, whisked with a fork
4 tbsp of flour
salt,lemon pepper for seasoning
panko crumbs for breading
1l of oil for deep frying
for the salade:
mixed lettuce – I’m using radicchio, rocket, iceberg- use whatever type of lettuce you like the most.
10-12 cherry tomatoes- cut in half
1/2 of red bell pepper- thinly sliced
for the dressing:
1 tbsp of honey
1tbsp of mustard
4 tbsp of olive oil
juice of 1 lemon
pinch of salt
extra: 2 wedges of lemon, kitchen paper to drain extra oil.
1) Heat up your oil and while it’s getting to the right temperature, dice your fish, pat it dry with paper towel, season with salt and lemon pepper. toss evenly in the flower then coat in the egg and finally in the panko crumbs. make sure all the pieces are covered evenly.
2) when your oil is hot enough , place your fish (in 2 batches) in the hot oil and fry until golden and crispy- the colour of the crumbs will be the indication- when it’s golden, it’s ready.
3) when the fish is cooked, remove it from the oil and drain the extra oil onto the paper towel.
4) repeat the process with the second batch of fish.
5) in the meantime, you can assemble your salade, just mix the dressing ingredients, dress the lettuce lightly,it’s not suppose to be drenched, just lightly coated, place onto the plates and put cherry tomatoes and red pepper slithers on top.
6) add a generous amount of fish, with a wedge of lemon to squeeze over the fish.
TIP: tastes excellent with tartar sauce! try it 😉