This recipe is for someone who doesn’t like stand in the kitchen for hours on end, using 10 pots and 3 pans, waiting too long for their dinner.
To be completely honest- I was done from start to finish in 17min, so I wasn’s sure if I should call it a 15 minute meal or a 20minute meal..I guess I’ll just have to settle for ”under 20min mea” 🙂 good enough for me.
500g of rigatoni pasta
1 brocolli, cut into rosettes
500g of raw shrimp
250g of philadelphia cream cheese- garlic & herb variant
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of chili flakes
salt,pepper, olive oil
1) take your shrimp and pat it dry, making sure all the legs or shells are removed. I also removed the tails, you could leave them on for presentation , I just think it’s easier to eat them without any shells on.
2) season your shrimp with pepper, salt, chili flakes and 2 finely chopped garlic cloves. let them marinade for 10 min.
3) Fill your pot with hot water, season with a generous amount of salt and allow it to come to a boil. when it’s boiling, add your pasta. it’ll take about 12-14min, depending on the brand of pasta you’re using, you will add your brocolli rosettes to the pasta about 4min before the pasta is ready, less washing up 😉 (the broccoli will take about 4min to cook with the pasta)
4) Only when you add your brocolli to the pasta, pop your shrimp into a hot pan with a tbsp or two of olive oil in it. they will start turning pink almost right away and when they’re completely coral-pink and white (after about 3-4 min on high heat)instead of translucent and grey- put your philadelphia in, and let it melt. You can turn the heat off, allow it to melt completely. taste it and add some salt or pepper if needed.
5) strain your pasta & brocolli and add it to your sauce pan with shrimp. stir well,so all the pasta and brocolli is covered with the cream sauce.
6) You could add some chives,parsley or dill to the sauce if you wanted to 😉
7) serve as it is or with a sprig of dill on top. enjoy 😉