This soup was an effect of ”fridge cleaning”, so to say. I felt like making a light soup, something healthy and filling at the same time.. as always though- I didn’t feel like standing around in the kitchen for hours.. I had some brocolli,peas,spinach,spring onions and courgette.. and it occured to me that I could make a ”green detox” soup. here’s my , modest version. Feel free to adjust or change whatever you like 😉
serves 5-6, cooking time 15minutes
1 large courgette, diced
200g of fresh spinach, washed
1 brocolli, cut into rosettes
6 spring onions, roughly chopped
200g of frozen peas
1,5 l of chicken stock (for a vegetarian version use vegetable stock)
3 tbsp of olive oil
salt,pepper to taste
about 50 ml of single cream or yoghurt at the end
1) in a heavy based pan , heat up your oil and fry off the spring onions, for about 2-3 minutes. add your brocolli and cover it with hot chicken stock, let it come to a boil and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
2) after 2-3 minutes the brocolli should be nearly cooked,add your courgette and peas , let the temperature come back to a boil and cook for futher 4-5min max.
3) at this point when everything is cooked, turn the heat off, and add your spinach, it’ll wilt within seconds. stir it through.
4) blend the soup until smooth, season with salt and pepper, you can add cream or yoghurt now.
5) serve it with a dollop of whipped up (unsweetened!) cream, fresh chives and a few drops of olive oil..or just as it is. 😉